Senior Server Side Developer - Sheffield
The Senior Server-Side Developer position in the Development team will lead on development projects for CMS based websites, custom built web applications and mobile applications development for a broad range of Jaywing clients.
Reporting directly into the Head of Development, additional responsibilities include scoping of projects, mentoring and aiding the development of junior team members. The role involves direct client contact during project scoping, handover and training sessions, making good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills a must, alongside a proven track record in .NET web development. Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking project management are a given.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years C# development experience including MVC, Web API, MEF etc
- Experience working with essential .NET packages including: Autofac, Automapper, Json.NET, RestSharp
- Solid understanding of OOP methodologies and service-orientated architecture
- Solid working knowledge of SQL server
- Solid working knowledge of GIT version control
- Experience working with Umbraco content management system (preferably version 7)
- Experience creating detailed technical specifications for server-side development
- Experience configuring and working with Azure cloud environments
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Experience administering web servers and related configuration (DNS, IP, Firewalls, Load balancing)
- Solid understanding of security considerations and OWASP best practices
- Solid understanding of QC and functionality testing
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with unit testing / TDD
- Experience working with .NET Core
- Experience of TDD specifically using NUnit
- Experience with PHP and related frameworks
- Experience working with Octopus deploy
- Experience of Linux server administration
- Experience working in an Agile software development team
- Providing leadership and mentoring to junior team members
- Provide Strategic, Digital and People Leadership
- Work closely with the Head of Development to support the delivery of projects
- Lead by example creating innovative digital solutions either stand-alone or as part of a wider brand experience
- Present regularly to internal clients and liaise with the Client Services teams on projects
- Work on the delivery of projects alone or as part of a wider team
- Meet with clients on scoping of projects, code handover, and client training sessions
- Support in the creation of planning documentation, scope documents and other supporting work that enables client proposal
- Utilise, research and inform best practices to ensure project deliverables meet industry standards and the expectations of internal standards and Quality Assurance standards
- Conduct code reviews upon request for the digital team to ensure best practices are adhered to across the team
- Act as technical lead on projects when requested
- Mentor Junior team members as a positive contribution to personal development.
Inspire and Support the Development Team
- Cultivate a strong working environment, demonstrating teamwork to support the creation of innovative and robust digital solutions
- Collaborate with other members of the Digital Team and the Wider Creative team to nurture the understanding of technology and digital projects
- Communicate clearly with all project stakeholders and support deliver of projects
- Inspire and support others to build the standards of the digital team and nurture innovation in projects.
Build and Grow Relationships
- Work with team members from other departments to deliver work over and above client expectations
- When requested, interact with clients in a professional manner, building trust and credibility
- Consider all levels of technical understanding with communications
Effectively manage work through the business
- Assess workflow issues and report these immediately
- Report project time using the business tools on time and accurately
- Support the planning and delivery optimisation of projects
- Contribute to the improvement of development and delivery of projects.
This role is based at Jaywing’s Head Office in Sheffield.
Why work at Jaywing?
Here at Jaywing we provide our clients with a truly integrated solution, bringing together strategy and creativity, data and technology, interactivity and connectivity which drives success for our clients, their brands and their business.
What sets us apart is our ability to bring together the best thinkers in data science, creative and technology to tackle new problems and embrace new advances every day to reinvent the future for our clients and their brands.
Over the past couple of years, our business has seen significant transformation and this role is a crucial element in our continued development. Jaywing is a unique company that is leading the way in the fields of brand, marketing, data analysis, digital and customer experience.
How to apply
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to [email protected]
Jaywing is an equal opportunities employer.