Senior Planner / Strategist - Sheffield
Salary: Depending on experience
As Senior Planner / Strategist you will lead and manage key strategic brand communication projects and clients across Jaywing's offices including Sheffield, Leeds and Australia. Key responsibilities include developing strategic insights that underpin our creative work, formulating brand communication strategies and giving direction and critique of media strategies, working with the wider Jaywing business or incumbent client media agencies as appropriate.
As a senior member of the team this role will also have responsibility for line managing junior planners and execs and shaping the future talent of the business.
- Lead and develop strategic projects across the agency.
- Proactively challenge and develop creative briefs alongside the client service teams and add insight and rigour to the consumer view held in these briefs.
- Provide a strategic service to clients, helping to direct marketing strategy and overall marketing planning including media recommendations (channel, formats, targeting).
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is provided by the junior members of the team, including creation of strategic insights, presentation of findings and ability to lead a creative team.
- Effectively differentiate core strategic ideas from executional treatments and be able to communicate when these creative ideas meet the client brief.
- Provide the ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively in order to solve the clients’ business problems.
- Design and lead workshops for clients that solve business problems, consumer understanding and creative challenges.
- Plan, brief and analyse primary research projects across a wide range of disciplines and techniques (both independently managed and via third party partners).
- Effectively capture the attention and confidently lead the room in client presentations.
- Identify new business opportunities within the client’s business and industry, and work with the new business team to develop and win new business.
- Establish strategic understanding of our range of client’s industries, business and their competitors.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to lead/advise client service teams on strategic client issues.
- Ensure that project management principles such as time management, effective reporting and scheduling is of a high standard.
- Demonstrate confidence presenting to large numbers and be a representative for the agency.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support for junior members of the planning team and across the wider agency team.
- Ensure all projects run efficiently and profitably in-line with forecasts and that all third party costs are in-line with expectations.
Extensive experience and exposure across a range of industry sectors and marketing disciplines, together with comprehensive experience agency side. Specific skills required include:
- Educated to graduate level.
- Professional marketing qualification preferred (CIM or IDM).
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communication strategies.
- Experience in all key areas of marketing communication strategy. Specific experience in media strategy or media planning would be advantageous.
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical and creative capabilities.
- Effective upward and downward delegation skills.
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency.
- Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency's creative work and improves the effectiveness of the creative ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You'll split your time between Jaywing's HQ, Albert Works, and our office located in Leeds Dock, The Small Mill. You'll occasionally be required to work in other locations and outside typical business hours (9am-5:30pm) to support events and client commitments.
Must have a full, clean driving licence.
Jaywing is a brand and marketing agency with unique tech and data talents too. This makes it an incredible place to be a creative because your ideas will be born out of unique insights – alongside skills and tech that can measure their effectiveness too. Day-to-day you’ll be collaborating with strategists, art directors, designers, developers and producers – with the opportunity to work with specialists in performance technology and data. Between our team in Leeds and Sheffield there are over 80 talented people here creating ideas and experiences for brands every day – from campaigns that drive customer acquisition, to content that creates brand love and advocacy, and lots in between.
Our clients include first direct, Castrol, Yorkshire Water, ADT, The University of Sunderland and Jewson.
The wider business comprises of four locations in the UK and an office in Sydney. Jaywing can draw on the skills of over 400 dedicated social, search, contact and data specialists. It’s a business that’s growing, making it a great place to build your career.
We also offer fantastic benefits including our employee reward scheme, pension contribution, EAP scheme in addition to 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
How to apply
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to [email protected].