Sales & Marketing Manager - Sheffield / Leeds
Hours: Full time
Salary: £Depending on experience
At Jaywing, we seamlessly fuse specialist skills in data intelligence, creative engagement and channel preference along with new technologies to help uncover unique insights and smarter outcomes for our clients. Our diverse specialisms and perspectives come together to unite around the many different challenges we tackle head on to give our clients single-minded, effective solutions.
We work with some of the best-known brands in the UK including first direct, Castrol, Dominos, Britvic and Pandora.
As a pivotal member of Jaywing’s newly centralised marketing team, you will be responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of Jaywing’s marketing strategy and managing the underlying campaign and communications activity that promotes our wide-ranging service offering.
You will have significant focus on the delivery of Jaywing’s communication and sales objectives through the generation and co-ordination of marketing material and content, responsible for ensuring that all activity is compelling and beautifully executed across all channels. The role provides integral support to our sales function in researching, developing and nurturing opportunities, crafting compelling messages and material to attract new business and help inform and retain existing clients.
You will report to the Marketing Director.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Producing and implementing collateral and campaign material to support marketing and business development strategy and plans.
- The creation and follow up of sales campaign collateral and the management and completion of credentials, pitch and tender documentation.
- Researching and writing content for a wide range of materials and platforms including case studies, thought leadership, award entries, PR and social media.
- Collecting and compiling news and information from internal and external sources to contribute to the timely development and maintenance of the brand’s website, PR activity and social media channels.
- Co-ordination and management of company events and exhibitions.
- Managing subscriptions, building and maximising relationships with industry associations and trade bodies such as The DMA, RAR, EConsultancy, Marketing Week and The Drum etc, ensuring all new material is communicated as appropriate.
- Liaising with and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across the business (colleagues, suppliers/partners and customers) to stay abreast of all company and client activity, new projects and company news, and to filter this through the relevant channels.
- On-going administration, monitoring and reporting of all communications activity, and the reviewing of results in line with objectives and budgets.
Skills & Experience
- Commercially focused with demonstrated experience of new business success and of working closely with sales to contribute to business objectives and targets.
- Experience of researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding customer requirements, identifying market trends and suggesting improvements to achieve the company’s sales and marketing goals.
- Adaptable and tenacious to be able to quickly switch attention from one subject matter to another – from data science to brand and everything in-between – working out where a story lies and spotting direct sales opportunities.
- A highly organised self-starter with excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong communication and teamworking skills.
- Data savvy, with a keen eye for maximising sales, ROI and CPA. Previous experience of marketing tools and technology including CMS, GA, CRM and email engagement platforms.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership of tasks from concept to completion.
- Friendly and outgoing, able to forge new and build good working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in Marketing, Business or related field.
Who are we looking for?
Jaywing is a diverse organisation with a number of specialisms across brand, performance and heavyweight data analytics. As you will deliver the voice of Jaywing, we’re looking for a smart individual who has, or is capable of developing, a detailed understanding of these specialisms such that you are able to write and deliver expert content. You will be a quick and hungry learner with the ability to absorb and reflect a number of different and sometimes complex concepts with clarity, precision and elegance.
This is a very hands-on role for a highly proactive, energetic and positive team member who is calm under pressure and who can juggle many tasks at the same time, handling conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines every day.
Ideally you will have 3-5 year’s previous experience in either agency or B2B marketing communications, with existing expertise in at least one of our specialisms, plus broad experience across the marketing mix. Previous experience of sales will be a strong advantage.
The role will be based between our Leeds and Sheffield offices.
How to apply
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to [email protected]
Closing date 17th December 2019.
Jaywing is an equal opportunities employer.