Junior Planner / Strategist - Sheffield
Salary: Depending on experience
As Junior Planner / Strategist you will work with senior team members to support on key strategic projects across Jaywing offices including Sheffield, Leeds and Australia. Key responsibilities include the identification and collation of strategic insights that help to underpin our creative work. Working with other team members you will be responsible for supporting the formulation of brand communication strategies and helping to design, facilitate and analyse research projects for both internal and external clients.
- Develop strategic projects across the agency under guidance of senior team members.
- Produce creative briefs alongside the client service teams, adding insight and rigour to the consumer view held in these briefs.
- Provide a strategic service to clients, helping to direct marketing strategy and overall marketing planning (competitor audits, industry understanding, sourcing creative references etc.).
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is demonstrated to other members of the team, including the creation of strategic insights, presentation of findings and ability to inform project discussions.
- Effectively differentiate core strategic ideas from executional treatments and be able to communicate when these creative ideas meet the client brief.
- Provide the ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively in order to solve clients’ business problems.
- Ability to plan, brief and analyse primary research projects across a wide range of disciplines and techniques with direction from senior team members. (Both independently managed and via third party partners).
- Able to effectively and confidently input during internal and client workshops.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strategic understanding of our range of client’s industries, business and their competitors.
- Ensure that project management principles such as time management, effective reporting and scheduling is of a high standard.
- Demonstrate confidence presenting and be a representative for the agency.
- Have a keen awareness and understanding of industry trends, including knowledge and interest in integrated campaigns including content and social media.
- Ability to effectively access insight tools and resources, demonstrating ingenuity and curiosity across all projects to provide actionable insight and added value.
- Ensure all projects run efficiently in-line with forecasts and that any third party costs are in-line with expectations.
Experience and exposure across a range of industry sectors and marketing disciplines, together with entry level experience within a creative agency. Specific skills required include:
- Educated to graduate level.
- Minimum of 1-2 years industry experience in an agency or client-side marketing team.
- Able to evidence an exposure to the creation, development and/or implementation of marketing communication strategies.
- Experience in marketing communications. Specific experience in digital communications strategy and development would be advantageous.
- Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
- A mix of analytical and creative capabilities.
- High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency.
- Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency’s creative work and improves the effectiveness of the creative ideas.
- An understanding of primary and secondary market research techniques and resources (to inform our view on consumer behaviour).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You'll split your time between Jaywing's HQ, Albert Works, and its office located in Leeds Dock, The Small Mill. You'll occasionally be required to work in other locations and outside typical business hours (9am-5:30pm) to support events and client commitments.
Must have a full, clean driving licence.
Jaywing is a brand and marketing agency with unique tech and data talents too. This makes it an incredible place to be a creative because your ideas will be born out of unique insights – alongside skills and tech that can measure their effectiveness too. Day-to-day you’ll be collaborating with strategists, art directors, designers, developers and producers – with the opportunity to work with specialists in performance technology and data. Between our team in Leeds and Sheffield there are over 80 talented people creating ideas and experiences for brands every day – from campaigns that drive customer acquisition, to content that creates brand love and advocacy, and lots in between.
Our clients include first direct, Castrol, Yorkshire Water, ADT, The University of Sunderland and Jewson.
The wider business comprises of four locations in the UK and an office in Sydney. Jaywing can draw on the skills of over 400 dedicated social, search, contact and data specialists. It’s a business that’s growing, making it a great place to build your career.
We also offer fantastic benefits including an employee reward scheme, pension contribution, EAP scheme in addition to 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
How to apply
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to [email protected]