Jaywing PR Account Executive - Leeds
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
We do PR a bit differently. We don’t just get coverage in newspapers (although we do do that), we take search and digital insight to create solution-focused campaigns that meet multiple objectives; from brand awareness to search performance.
As one of the north’s biggest PR agencies, and with a huge range of national and international clients, you’ll be joining one of the most trailblazing agencies in the country.
We’re always on the lookout for fresh talent and individuals that show passion and enthusiasm to be part of something special!
- Consistently contributing to client coverage and link targets.
- Creating and researching stories.
- Writing and selling in press releases.
- Creating strong media lists.
- Continually monitoring for, and keeping, detailed coverage records.
- Contributing to client relationships.
- Seeking media opportunities for clients.
- Selling in stories to journalists.
- Writing with creative flair.
- Managing own time effectively.
- Taking part internal client meetings.
- Completing client reports.
- Taking responsibility for own personal development – actively doing things to move forwards.
- Taking the time to read the news, every day.
- Striving to build strong relationships with teammates, and other departments such as Client Services and SEO.
- Recognising the importance of attention to detail and accuracy, and always striving to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Proactively seeking out opportunities to manage more junior members of the team via project work.
- Delivering detailed, accurate, and up to date timesheets.
- Striving to ensure admin tasks are always up to date and accurately completed/logged.
- Helping teammates.
- Recognising when there may be an issue, flagging it to a manager in a timely manner, and offering a potential solution.
- Proactive in ensuring that client coverage and link targets are met consistently.
- Confident on the phone and comfortable talking to and selling in stories to journalists.
- Continually monitor for, and keep, detailed coverage records and then translate these into client reports.
- Strong time management skills and a track record of meeting deadlines.
- Knows how to deliver the best possible media list.
- Creative individual who understands what makes a great story and is happy to contribute to brainstorms with strong ideas backup by research or experience.
- Can deliver considered and accurate research for stories, and then write these up into compelling press releases.
- Strong spelling and grammar skills and great attention to detail.
- Can evaluate the quality and consistency of their own work.
- Understanding of the link between SEO and PR/link-building activity.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of the media landscape in general, and knowledge of the major media platforms such as Gorkana (or similar).
To find out more information about the position and to apply for the role, please visit epiphanysearch.co.uk/careers
Jaywing is an equal opportunities employer