Head of Paid Media - Leeds office with travel
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Location: Leeds office with travel to client site and Jaywing offices
Jaywing’s Performance and Media Science team is at the heart of the Jaywing business. The Head of Paid Media will help drive the paid media product offering for the agency and work closely with the Operations Director to help roll out this area.
With overall responsibility for the agency’s joined up approach to PPC, Programmatic and Paid Social, you will have to collaborate successfully with key senior stakeholders to ensure a holistic, seamless and future-facing offer. You’ll ensure that the agency is at the cutting edge of paid media campaign planning, strategy and execution.
You’ll need the ability to think strategically and long-term, while also able to react quickly to changes in the industry and client landscape to generate results for clients, including international clients based overseas.
Working closely with colleagues across departments, you’ll need to inspire and engage across the business in order to set the agency’s long-term paid media direction that has buy in from everyone from our New Business to delivery teams. You’ll also support our Client Service teams in setting market-leading client strategy.
A fundamental part of the role is an ability to work with leaders and teams across the business to ensure we consistently offer our clients a complete and holistic approach to achieving their business objectives. This will require our wider team having a clear understanding of your vision for paid media and how this can align with a range of different specialisms in digital including UX, organic search and content. You will also be responsible for developing our partnerships with key media partners, technology providers and for our Google Premier Partnership plus Microsoft and other leading market providers.
Reporting into the Operations Director, and leading our current PPC, Programmatic and Paid Social teams, you will manage a team of PPC, Programmatic and Paid Social experts ranging from managers to graduates.
You will also be a key figure in representing the agency at industry events and speaking at conferences, playing a major role in the positioning of the agency proposition in paid media and informing its future development.
This role requires a confident and experienced grasp across all areas of paid media, ability to motivate teams and individuals alike, commercial acumen, relationship building skills, and an understanding of how best to pull an agency team together to deliver results. We are also looking for someone who can help demonstrate how to bring PPC, Programmatic Display and Paid Social channels together, to drive performance for our clients.
This role is ideal if you have extensive experience devising exceptional paid media strategies which drive growth and ROI for clients, irrespective of category or sector.
To best advise clients on their usage of digital paid media, meeting campaign and commercial objectives. Deliver holistic paid media strategies that drive growth and ROI for clients.
- Drive innovation and the development of the paid media offering.
- Identify future industry trends and developments, ensuring that this information feeds through into the proposition to clients
- Identify trends within paid digital media and harnessing these for the benefit of Jaywing’s client
- Devise paid digital media strategies alongside internal teams and overseeing the delivery of these strategies
- Advise clients of Jaywing on paid digital media strategy
- Support day-to-day campaign operations, ensuring clients receive a high level of service
- Ensure teams deliver campaigns to schedule, on budget and above targets set
- Work with existing accounts to help grow their usage of digital paid media
- Work with Jaywing’s sales team to deliver pitches
- Work with directors to acquire new business and transition new accounts into Jaywing
- Provide strong leadership and inspiration for your team and clients
- Work with staff to help them grow individually and as a team
- Promote and adhere to the organisation’s culture and values
- Celebrating success and motivating teams
- To undergo relevant training and development required by the business
- To work with colleagues in other areas of Jaywing to develop their understanding of paid media
- Supporting the development of new services and propositions at Jaywing
- To carry out any other tasks that will, from time to time be allocated by the Operations Director on an ad hoc or continuing basis, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post
- Ability to assess PPC, Programmatic and Paid Social campaigns and accounts, and provide a critique of the activity and some improvement suggestions
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge and experience of paid digital media, and well versed in the multi-channel and multi-platform aspects of paid digital media
- People management experience
- Ability to talk eloquently about attribution modelling, its benefits, and assisting clients in devising a plan to implement this in their business
- Experience working with senior client stakeholders to develop paid media channels
- Public speaking experience
- You will have already forged a successful career in the digital business, whether agency, client, or media owner
- You will be familiar with paid digital media work for brand/above the line results, but are absolutely required to be familiar with work for DR/below the line activity, including:
SEO, PPC, Display, Websites Design and Development, Content, Mobile, Social, UX and CRO, Data
- 8+ years’ experience in digital media, preferably involving agency side
- You will have experience of running projects and campaigns to budget, of managing a media department/team, and of stimulating and organising media staff
- Knowledge and experience of offline media would be advantageous.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter, CV and anything you think showcases your talent to [email protected]