Conceptual Copywriter - Sheffield / Leeds
Salary: £Competitive, based on skills and experience
Our creative team needs another conceptual copywriter. A creative, ideally from an agency background, who can evidence experience in a similar role and who understands the power of big unifying ideas. You’ll be witty, observant, brand-literate and probably a little bit obsessed with popular culture.
We have beautiful offices in both Leeds and Sheffield. You’ll have flexibility to work in both, although we’ll need you to spend at least two days a week working with the team in our Sheffield office (just 5 minutes’ walk from the train station).
Jaywing is a brand and digital agency with unique technical and data talents too. This makes it an incredible place to be a creative because your ideas benefit from a deeper level of insight. Day-to-day you’ll be based in Sheffield working alongside designers, art directors and developers. There are around 80 talented people here producing everything creative – from campaigns, brand strategies and social thinking to websites, apps, search and marcomms, plus everything in between.
The wider business comprises of six locations in the UK and two Sydney offices. Jaywing can draw on the skills of over 500 dedicated social, search, contact and data specialists. It’s a business that’s growing, making it a great place to build your career.
You’ll take responsibility for jobs across our client base. You’ll have enough experience to be able to pick up a brief and find the solution by working in a team or independently. You’ll be confident about presenting internally and to clients. You’ll also have the ability to adapt your ideas and writing to reflect a brand’s tone of voice and write copy that tells stories and sells products. Our clients include first direct, Castrol, HSBC, Nottingham University, Hull 2017 UK City of Culture to name but a few.
Who are we looking for?
- You’ll be a conceptual thinker (have we mentioned that already?)
- You’ll have an understanding of ideas in the round – not just the words.
- You should be able to intelligently input on art direction and give visual direction.
- Someone with an eye for the bigger picture who can help manage all aspects of a creative project.
- Good collaborative skills – you’ll be working with many different members of the team on a daily basis.
- The confidence and experience to present to clients.
- An understanding of brands and the differing tone of voices they may have – the ability to pick up tone quickly as well as establish and define new ones.
- The ability to research and write detailed copy where needed.
- An understanding of social, to be able to develop campaigns or strategies to run seamlessly into social spaces (and in time to develop fully social campaigns).
How to apply
Send a covering letter, CV and anything else you think showcases your talent to [email protected].