Business Development Director - Sheffield/Leeds
As Jaywing’s Business Development Director, your main objective is to generate GP growth in the Financial & Professional Services team. You’ll need to maximise close rates, and nurture a prospect network, all while continually improving opportunity qualification, and pitch delivery.
Working closely with the Demand Generation Manager, who creates an active pipeline of prospects, it’ll be your job to qualify these prospects in or out of the pitch process, and maximise close rate by employing your own consultative selling techniques. Ideally, the BDD will also use their own network to create further opportunities, which fit the profile of our target market.
This role spans both business and account development. For the latter, you’ll work with the Commercial Director, Strategy Director and Group Account Director, to identify untapped opportunities in our existing client base. You might do this by way of internal referral or proactive corridor-sell, regardless – the goal is to maximise Jaywing’s coverage across each client’s decision maker network.
You’ll also need to assist with client onboarding, and take on a support role with each new client for the first 12 months. We aim to provide a seamless experience for new clients, whilst identifying any additional opportunities within their firm, which could be added to the client development roadmap.
In this role, the ability to coordinate internal stakeholders across multiple specialist teams is crucial. As Business Development Director, you’ll streamline their contributions to pitches, whilst maintaining the shape of the story, to make sure we deliver against the brief. It’s up to you to hold ideation sessions, manage collaborative documents and keep a clear perspective on the direction of our approach, so we hit the brief every single time.
Within the marketing and business development mix, the Business Development Director’s core responsibilities will be:
- Opportunity development
- Opportunity qualification
- Opportunity nurture
- Building the pitch brief
- Internal stakeholder management
- Pitch and proposal management
- Client onboarding
- Pipeline reporting
- CRM management
- LinkedIn outreach
- Deliver revenue to contribute to overall GP target
- Incrementally improve close rate
- Solid marketing and business development experience, ideally working for a digital agency or technology provider
- A proactive attitude with a self-starter, team player mentality
- A proven performer in commercially focused marketing or business development role with a track record of consistently delivering £1m+ in year new business revenue
- A natural communicator and storyteller
- Excellent communications skills via telephone and in person as part of a consultative sales process
- Excellent pitch/presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple stakeholders within the pitch/proposal process
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]