Art Director - Sheffield / Leeds
Hours: Full time
Salary: Depending on experience
We’re looking for an experienced Art Director to join our creative teams working across our Sheffield and Leeds offices.
Ideally, you’ll be from an integrated agency background, with experience that spans a range of industry sectors and multi-channel campaigns: experience of automotive, FMCG and FS clients will be a real plus.
With an opportunity to work across our impressive client list, we’re looking for someone with the ability to combine strategic and conceptual thinking – able to develop ideas from initial concepts through to final delivery; leading projects through pitching, campaigns, and design.
You’ll have exceptional art direction skills, be media neutral, and able to inspire, develop and motivate your creative peers and our clients – able to lead the way to deliver creative of the highest standard that generates measurable results for our clients.
So if you’re an experienced Art Director ready for a fresh challenge, where you’ll be working on well-known brands, we’d love to see your book and have a chat.
- Working closely with the Head of Art Direction, and other creative leads in the agency, across multiple clients’ accounts, to generate creative concepts of the desired quality which meet the clients’ brief and expectations.
- Contribute to the creative output on competitive pitches and when require present to prospective clients in a way which influences, inspires and delivers results.
- Ensure that conceptual outputs are in line with the clients’ brand standards and guidance.
- Ensure that ideas presented are unique to the client and are achievable within the clients’ brief, timescales and budget.
- Support the planning and delivery of photography/film shoots on location, attending as and when required.
- Support the Head of Art Direction in client brainstorms and workshops.
- Work closely with Client Services teams to create impactful ideas that present Jaywing in the best possible way.
- Deliver on expected creative standards, and where necessary challenge briefs appropriately, to ensure Jaywing deliver ideas which engage and deliver on results.
- When requested work in collaboration with creative teams across the wider Jaywing business to utilise other specialisms and skills in order to deliver the best possible outcome for clients.
- When required, work closely with third-party creative suppliers contracted on client work, including freelance resource.
- Ensure that projects are delivered effectively and efficiently, working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the best possible approach is agreed.
- Proactively seek to develop skills and build knowledge across all channels and trends to ensure that output results in the best possible solutions and outcome for the clients.
- Manage and prioritise workload effectively, and ensure challenges are escalated appropriately and in time to avoid a risk to quality or delivery.
- Ensure that all agency creative and operational processes are followed.
- Ensure that project work is delivered within timescales set.
- Source, and when required support Client Services teams, to vet and select the best possible external third parties (photography, animation, event, experiential etc.).
- Ensure that time is reported correctly and any changes or concerns regarding time or resource requirements are escalated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- A broad knowledge of multiple channels and creative disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of industry sectors and markets in Jaywing’s core client base.
- Minimum 3 years within an integrated agency as a junior art director or junior designer.
- Experience of brand and integrated communications across multiple channels.
- Experience of working on photography/film shoots and their preparation and planning.
- Experience in specific key client sectors e.g. utilities, financial services, leisure, education, automotive desirable.
- Exposure to working with senior creatives both internally and externally with clients.
- Strong conceptual art direction/design and executional skills.
- A creative strategic thinker, with strong language and visual skills.
- An understanding of current and upcoming trends across multi-channels.
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook, ability to think beyond the boundaries.
- Resilience under pressure and excellent time manager.
- A team-player, with excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire others.
- An understanding of data, creative and digital application and how they work together.
- Knowledge of the software and applications involved in the creative process.
- Exceptional presentation skills alongside strong written and verbal communication.
- High level of diplomacy and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships across the agency at all levels.
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- On occasion and when required, work outside normal work hours.
- A clean driving license.
Jaywing is a brand and marketing agency with unique tech and data talents too. This makes it an incredible place to be a creative because your ideas will be born out of unique insights – alongside skills and tech that can measure their effectiveness too. Between our team in Leeds and Sheffield there are over 80 talented people creating ideas and experiences for brands every day – from campaigns that drive customer acquisition, to content that creates brand love and advocacy, and lots in between. Our clients include first direct, Castrol, Yorkshire Water, ADT, The University of Sunderland and Jewson.
The wider business comprises of four locations in the UK and an office in Sydney. Jaywing can draw on the skills of over 400 dedicated social, search, contact and data specialists. It’s a business that’s growing, making it a great place to build your career. We also offer fantastic benefits including our employee reward scheme, pension contribution, EAP scheme in addition to 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
How to apply
Show us what you're made of. Send anything you think showcases your talent to [email protected].