1st Line IT Support Technician - Leeds
Salary: Competitive, based on skills and experience
Hours: Full-time. Flexible working required.
We are looking for a 1st Line Support Technician to provide administrative support within the IT Department and wider IT support team. As an experienced 1st line technician you will be expected to support the implementation of new IT processes, deal with end-user incidents and resolve IT infrastructure issues for internal and remote users across an estate consisting of Microsoft and Apple desktop and server technologies.
This role will be working directly with our team of IT Support Technicians and reporting directly to the Head of IT.
Where and how we work
Working hours are 9-5.30pm, Monday to Friday. As part of the role you will be required to be flexible to ensure support to the business is delivered at all times.
The role will involve some UK travel to our other offices therefore a full UK driving licence and owning your own vehicle is a prerequisite.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Manage day to day requests through the support desk ticketing system
- Organise troubleshooting or repair when necessary for IT equipment
- Maintain backups appropriate to business requirements
- Patching of network and phones
- Maintain network and user security
- Ensure all systems are patched in-line with internal network security policy
- Track inventory and status for hardware and software
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Completing internal user moves including phones
Your Skills and Experience
You will have 1-2 years' experience in a similar role, gained in a commercial environment, along with the following essential skills:
- Proven investigation and troubleshooting skills
- Experience within IT service delivery / Helpdesk
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong networking skillset (DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP)
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Windows 10 and Apple Mac OSX
- Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite
- Basic Microsoft Hyper-V Server / VMware experience
- Microsoft or other accredited qualifications (ITIL)
The following would also be advantageous:
- Server and Switch management
- MS & Apple PC/Desktop/Laptop deployment (SCCM)
- Linux experience
- PowerShell experience
- SQL Server
Attributes and Behaviours:
- A confident and personable character
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership for what they do
- Demonstrate a desire to acquire new skill sets and technologies
- React well under pressure and is comfortable working in potentially high-pressure situations
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to work to task completion beyond normal business hours, if necessary
- Must be able to manage relationships with other members of the company and peers.
Why Work for Us?
Jaywing offers the opportunity to grow in a unique working environment. Our approach is to provide excellent salary and bonus opportunities in line with an individual’s experience and market value. Following successful completion of a 6-month probationary period, we offer 25 days holiday (in addition to the usual public and statutory holidays) plus 1 extra day of holiday per year for every 5 completed holiday years worked, up to a maximum of 5 additional days after 25 years of service.
The company offers pension provision to all employees through auto-enrolment. Employees have the right to receive contributions of 4% into a Group Personal Pension arrangement.
Jaywing also provides life cover of 4 x annual salary for members of the Company pension scheme and 2 x annual salary for non-scheme members.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to [email protected].